CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2008

A Plumpy Nut Christmas


Over the last few months my hands have touched every single thing I own and although I'd say I've liquidated about 3/4's of my worldly possessions I've come to the conclusion It's just too much...

So although it is only July I am plotting out my Christmas Service Project - you know the drill. I am still in the organization phase but here's a heads up, this years theme is "A Plumpy Nut Christmas".

Plumpy Nut is a totally amazing high protein mixture doing wonders in the fight against malnutrition in Africa. To top things off - It comes ready made (no contamination risk), keeps long term, is easily shipped, and the kids LOVE it. The recovery rate in some areas have been reported as high as 90-95%, though I have also seen more realistic rates of recovery listed around 75%.

I think this project also falls really nicely in line with my year long project for social/economic responsibility ... I know it's not easy... there are lots of things I want too (http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2978364?tuid=000006cb-006f-0861-6c61-726765727669&id=8385421&largeImg=0&tname=product) ... but you know there are an awful lot of people out there with actual Needs, we must always keep them in mind. It is always better to try and make some small difference than not to even try. I'd also like to organize something local too. I assure you don't need to go to Africa to find people with needs and things to do to help, this winter is suppose to be pretty bad and there are lots of people who will spend it out doors

So ... you have been warned.... More info is to come: )