CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

There & Back Again


Fortune Cookie Says:
"Follow that restless urge to find yourself." - perhaps this will be the montra of this "trip"


i'm laying belly side down stretched out on a mattress in the middle of my living room as i savagely dip animals crackers head first into steamy hot coco. i am a officially a month and a day off schedule - this is mildly amusing considering the notorious reputation i have for Leaving without notice and perpetually Returning late. i've got good feelings about going just not exactly about leaving or i guess staying gone lol.

The Move:

the house has been empty for quite some time now. in 1 hour and 20mins it's entire contents were loaded into a 17 foot truck, it was then driven 2.5 hours away were it was unloaded by complete strangers in under an hour! you can't beat that and it totally impressed my landlords parents (who dropped off the keys) lol "you mean that guy is a Bishop - in your church? And he's helping you move? And you never even met him?" lol that's just how we Mormons roll lol.

The New Place

despite my inability to stay gone - i do really like it there. i live in a small community, and my townhouse is a block down from a long and windy river walk, the river of course, and miles of wooded park. There's a rowing club and many of the homes dock boats right off their backyards. small waterfalls and cobblestone bridged over creek beds are abundant. the area is fairly wooded and tree branches arch over the street creating a nice cool umbrella of shade. where the trees are sparse their are gulf courses and ranges - the pga tour is currently right up the street. it reminds me geographically a lot like Miami Lakes - pancake flat. but with more of a N. Michigan like topography and in some lush marshes lined in weeping williows and purple headed thistles a bit of Georgia. The houses are more Lebo than USC and the people are the nicest. My first day here several people randomly stopped to see if I needed help getting situated and 2 people pulled over to welcome me to the area. this of course was much better than my welcome to USC, "Hi are your parents home?" The entire area is so quite - but people are everywhere walking dogs and riding bikes down the middle of the street. in another direction there is a small bz district with a Whole Foods and bakery and a white house black market and a Wolf Gang Puks. a block up in the other direction you can see the city sky line - it is really quite a sight. Of course I have a pool now and loads of running trails and a very nice very buff very single next door neighbor who seems not to own any shirts and would be perfect for someone i know.

The Old Place

tonight is my very last night under this roof, my very own roof. i love this house - it was everything i ever wanted. i know i still own it - it will still be my house - but i have a strong feeling it will never be my home again. and so i spent the last week on my knees scrubbing floors and up on chairs scrubbing walls to the point i am certain i have touched every single surface of this house. i am going to miss the many shades of brown and cranberry and light pinks and all the earthy greens... all the perfect fixtures and knobs. i'm never going to sit at night and watch the snow fall from my favorite chair in the sunroom... or sit too close to the fire all snuggled up to a yummy history book (lol yes some of them are so good you can read them by fires and in bathtubs) or sit by the pond and watch the koi... of course... it also means all that grass is no longer mine to bother and I don't have to baby all the different varieties of roses someone else planted... I am going to plant hydrangea and echinacea purpurea at the new house... and with Five less rooms to clean... i'll have much more time to do Anything else.

The New Ward ( the term ward is equivalent to saying like specific congregation)

in one word the new ward is dumpy in two words it lacks energy. The Bishop is very nice and seems energetic but the rest of the ward is just dumpy. the bishop said they had lost 12 families since spring - you think they would have been happy to have someone new among them. if they just had some energy ...or maybe smiled... said hi perhaps? I was standing their thinking... it's okay I read an article in the Ensign about just this sort of thing - i will say hi first! but no one was receptive. So the next week I went to the other ward... and it was like being at home - dental students and all - i found great comfort in that. And i met gobs of people and I thought I will be happy here! and so i asked the Bishop if i Could switch wards - I can SEE the ward boundary from my driveway! - he said he would like that and he gets the request often BUT i had to take that up with President Munson (for non LDS ppl - that means NO!) i am going to try the dumpy ward one more time... i am totally bummed out - totally.
Landlording
I have officially become a landlord - this occurred on the same day my whole house A/C officially became Dead. lol of course it did.
And so life goes... i unpacked my boxes... i put them all in the shed for next time...